9:00am-1:00pm (workshop), 1:00pm-2:00pm (lunch) & 2:00pm-4:30pm (tour)
More than 70% of the world’s purchasing power is located outside of the United States. eCommerce is redefining not only how companies conduct business, but is also redefining customer expectations in terms of delivery times and improved selection. Just as in the US, the final mile can either make or break a relationship with a customer. The U.S. delivery market is highly concentrated with a very few players dominating the market. Outside the United States, delivery options are more fragmented. New regulations and laws, new carrier options and emerging technologies have combined to create an environment that is ripe for eCommerce growth—but challenging to navigate. Attend this workshop to learn emerging trends and technologies in cross border trade and international shipping, the latest on changes to NAFTA and other laws that govern international trade and new information on carriers, fulfillment and the last mile in international shipping and cross border trade.
- Understand the key drivers of international eCommerce growth
- Learn how the latest in regulations with NAFTA and the EU will affect eCommerce growth—and how to take advantage of them
- Recognize and understand the impact of alternative shipping solutions
- Develop an understanding of carrier and fulfillment options in overseas markets
- Discover how various solutions may impact business differently based on the geographic region
- How to find and work with local delivery champions around the world based on on-time delivery, cost and customer convenience, including returns