2 HOUR SESSION: One of the most important opportunities when assembling a group of professionals with common interests—like PARCEL Forum attendees—is to gain a collective understanding of needs, wants, strategies, challenges, initiatives and goals. But how do we accomplish that in a general conference? An engaging and interactive live shippers’ benchmarking survey is how. Whereas in previous years, benchmarking questions were centered on parcel contract pricing, the 2017 session will focus on diverse and important topics including: best practices in parcel procurement; current and future distribution initiatives; strategies to minimize dimensional charges; eCommerce trends and omni-channel strategies; experience with alternative carriers including regionals, US Postal Service and crowd-sourced delivery; anticipated marketplace changes including the influence of Amazon; and much more! Using handheld remote devices, you will respond to dozens of survey questions on many aspects of the parcel market. Totally blind to avoid confidentiality concerns, results are displayed and analyzed in real time by a leading parcel consultant. Participants will receive a full copy of all results following the session. Also new this year: Attendees will have an opportunity to submit questions prior to the conference, and we’ve increased the session to two hours to enable the polling of questions onsite! Submit YOUR questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gain a collective understanding of needs, wants, strategies, challenges, initiatives and goals of parcel shippers
- Understand trends in parcel procurement and shippers’ strategies to cost management
- Evaluate shippers’ experience with alternative carriers including regionals, US Postal Service and crowd-sourced delivery (Deliv, UberRUSH, Postmates, Shutl, Zipments, etc.)
- Understand anticipated marketplace changes including the influence of Amazon
- Evaluate eCommerce trends and omni-channel strategies
- Create statistical relevance with cross tabulation opportunities